Are you a Latina aiming for a college education? If so, you might be surprised by how many scholarships are out there specifically for you. Particularly those that are known as free college scholarships. These kinds of offerings are pretty attractive options for college students because the organization who hands then out does not ask you to write an essay. Best of all, it takes only a couple of minutes to get the ball rolling and your name in the scholarship drawing. To learn more check out Scholarship Zone as its a place more students are discovering. While Hispanics are less of a minority now than they used to be, most colleges still struggle to keep their Hispanic populations relatively high. As a result, they offer scholarships meant purely to entice minorities to attend their school. Female populations in college are also low, and that doubles your chances of being in high demand. Here are a few tips to help you find and secure a scholarship that is specifically designed for you.
Hispanic Scholarships For Women
There are tons of Hispanic scholarship funds out there, and many of them are school specific. You may want to speak with your university before you search the web for easy scholarships because they may already have a program in place for you. Beyond the school-based scholarships out there, you may be interested in some of these:
• The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is funded by several huge corporations, like McDonald’s and Walmart. These companies raise millions of dollars for Hispanic education, and they have several scholarships to apply to.
• Catharine Lealtad Scholarships are given out to minority students who have goo high school records. The scholarships are usually valued at $3,000, but National Merit qualifiers can earn up to $5,000 towards their education.
• The Hispanic Heritage Foundation awards several scholarships to college bound students with a Hispanic background. Scholarships are issued throughout the year, so you can apply for them at any time.
College Scholarships for Hispanic Women
Scholarships for women are a little harder to come by than scholarships for Hispanic women. However, you may be able to get something if you’re a mother, a soon-to-be grad student, or a woman in a male-dominant career filed. Here are a few options to consider:
• The American Association of Women offers several scholarships for recent graduates looking to attend grad school. The scholarships range in value from $5,000 to $20,000, depending on the degree and the student. Acceptable degrees include Math, Computer Science, Statistics, and Engineering, among others.
• The Jeanette Rankin Foundation offers scholarships for college bound 35 year olds with low income levels. These are great scholarships for Hispanic women coming from poverty-ridden backgrounds. If you are a woman who can prove that a scholarship will help you better your education substantially, you could qualify for $2,000 from this organization.
Please let us know if you know of more scholarships for Hispanic women and we will add them.